Tuesday, September 2, 2008

9-1-08

This is going to be a quick entry. Lily has been making this low growling sound for about a week now. Concurrently, I've been wanting to teach her the words "what" and "say" so that she can answer the question "what does the ________say?" (fill in with various animals)
We were over a friends house today and they have a little tykes animal flashlight (tiger) that actually makes a similiar noice to what she has been doing. She started growling when she heard the tiger and has correlated the two! Now I can ask her "what does the tiger say?" and she has an appropriate response! I've asked her several times and she has constistantly growled when asked. I'm hoping to be able to run with that and teach her many other things related. This was how "where" started (something small) so I am hoping so badly that it will grow. I have a similar "cow" flashlight that moos so I'm hoping that will be next to be heard.

No comments: