Saturday, September 20, 2008

9-20-08

I just can't believe the progress that Lily has had this week. Her eye contact is amazing and her comprehension and response has improved so drastically. Today I asked her where Daddy was and without even taking her gaze off of the TV, she pointed to him. It made me laugh. She now knows what the "fishy" says, thanks to a new noise she made up, that to me, sounds like a noise a fish would make when they come up to the surface.

She has been interacting with the cat like crazy (boy, he sure is patient with her, and VERY gentle). Today I asked her where Jasper was (that's the cat) and she actually went around looking for him (generally she might glance around a little and then lose interest). She is signing "all done" very well now and is adamant about using it often and repetitively to get her point across. She is starting to try to communicate her wants more often, by showing us more of what she wants. Today she wanted Anthony to follow her so she opened and closed her hand at him like "come here". She also knows how to "smell" now. Seems weird, but I've been trying to get her to do that for a year now.

I went to a conference today for children with disabilities. They had TONS of great information and I am excited to look into some new therapies for her. I really don't want to send her to school unless I can be there with her. I don't think she's ready for that, and she is progressing so well now that I'm hoping other therapies will work in it's place.

Anthony taught her to shake her finger for "no, no, no" in response to "what does mommy say?" He's been trying to teach her that for a really long time, ever since he saw a little baby do it on youtube over a year ago. He thinks it's so funny....ok....I think it's cute too :)

My Dad came back from a long trip out of state. He's been gone since about a week after we started the chelation. He can't believe that she's the same child! He is so excited about her progress (aren't we all?).

For some reason this week seems to have had a lot of new lightbulbs go on for her. I think that's God's answer to prayer. It was a rough week with the "official" diagnosis, and it made me doubt some things, but God is trying to remind me that he is in control of the situation......and I couldn't be happier to have him in charge.

No comments: