Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11-08

The detox clay baths we've been doing really seem to be helping. I've been noticing a difference almost immediately. We do those once a week for about 5 minutes. Lily now "roars" for Lion (which I attribute to Blues Room DVD that she likes), it's very cute. She now knows the sign for eat and has been actually asking for her baba more often verbally and also used the sign for eat for it. She had a lovely time coloring herself with markers last night, my did she look pretty! She has been making more sounds. Now she says the "p" sound and put it together with her "t" sound that she has been saying and said "tape" as they said it today on Blues Clues. She likes to whisper her words and sounds though. She has also been saying the sounds for "up". She's really trying very hard!

Yesterday we went to a music class. She had such a fun time, but it also reminded me that she will be having her own agenda with things. Most of the other kids were participating and patient enough to sit with their moms and do the songs. Not my little girl! She's much too busy galloping around with all of the excitement! It was a little heart wrenching when a couple of the other moms came up to me after class and said "Lily did so good today!". I know they meant well, but I don't want her mentally separated from the group. There were at least a dozen kids there, and no other comments were made about anyone else, why Lily? Was she not suppose to be good? Were they empathizing with me because she wouldn't sit still like their kids?

Every child is different. I don't want her seen as "special". She's just "Lily". I guess this is just the beginning of many things that I have to get use to, or learn to ignore, or find an appropriate response. I was caught offguard by that statement. This is such a new world for the both of us. With Anthony being at work during the week he won't have to be in the world where she is around her peers.

So the journey continues...

No comments: