Thursday, September 4, 2008

9/3/08

Lily is doing great, as usual. She has taken a liking to looking at human faces (I know that may seem weird, but most kids have that as infants). She likes her books that have photos and she looked through a bunch of pictures with me today on the laptop (for almost 10min, which is great for her or probably any toddler!) She has really been captivated by my mouth when I talk. She looks at my mouth with an expression on her face that reads "wow, how do I do that too"?

Since she has mastered the "tiger noise" I tried with the cow today. My poor girl tried SO hard to say "moo". She persed her lips and then put them out like a duck, lol. FINALLY she managed to say "boo" and I swung her around like a crazy woman praising her! She seemed very frustrated that she was not able to say it again, but she tried hard! She got the connection, which was what I cared about the most!

We bought her a baby doll recently and she played with it today like crazy! She took turns with it on the slide and praised the doll after it went down, lol. Since she seemed like she was really getting into some pretend play, I had Anthony pick up a stroller and some baby bottles to see how she would respond with those. She did give the baby a bottle (but not until after a brief try-out, lol) and she did push the stroller around, but she preferred the baby out of the stroller. We went over the baby's body parts and she pointed to a handful of them so that I could tell her what they are.

Lily is having kind of an "off" day for recollection. She could not tell me who any of her mickey mouse characters were (which I know she knew solid, with the exception of still mixing up mickey and minnie sometimes). She looked at me very confused and looked down at her characters and totally guessed which one to point to (didn't work out well). She really seemed to not know all the sudden and then pointed to each one a few times for me to tell her who they were. She also didn't know "eyes, nose and mouth" which she has been doing really well on. I hope it's just a fluke thing.

On a good note when I did my usual count to five on my fingers thing, she tried to do that herself! She concentrated hard and did the one and two herself and I helped her with the rest.

No comments: