Saturday, August 30, 2008

8/30/08

Well, just when I think I have Lily's sleep routine down, she switches it up! She has been sleeping odd hours now. We put her to bed tonight at 11pm, since she slept past 6pm which is a result of 2 naps today because she woke up at 5:45am (usually she gets up at 8-8:30am, naps at 1 for 1.5 hours and goes down at 8:30-9). She slept odd hours yesterday as well. I'm hoping it will even back out soon. I also think she may have an ear infection.

She is listening SOO well now (when she wants to of course). Today I asked her to bring me specific books and she did that no problem. Her vocabulary is increasing dramatically as she shows me different objects and continues to "ask" me what things are. She is jumping up and down like a champ now (not just on the trampoline, and it's the cutest thing ever!). She has mastered getting in and out of her high chair all by herself and seems so proud. She knows what a hug is now, so we've been bugging her for them almost as often as kisses!

Her behaviors continue to concern me due to a continued increase in frequency, however I am hoping to learn how to curb those to get her needs met in a more productive way.

We had a family dinner/playdate last night at a friends house. We got so excited when we saw her interest in her friend's dolls until we realized she was just collecting them to place in a row, lol. It was still cute. We have been teaching her to wave her finger and say "no no no", though she waves her finger at appropriate times (when she doesn't want to do something she'll do that sometimes in place of shaking her head,lol) she has only said the words with it once (last night after her friend did it).

Today she repeatedly said "yum" for several mouthfulls of popcorn! She just has been so happy and giggley. I know I've been posting that a lot, but it's such a blessing! There were many, many days that were a struggle. She would just cry so much and I would just spend my days trying to figure out what she wanted (sometimes we'd cry together!). What a difference it has been since she has been able to understand what I am saying and able to communicate her needs to me!

It's been very hard for us to communicate to some of our family just what we've been going through with Lily. I know it's a hard thing to accept. Even harder when you can't see things for yourself when you live so far away. But that doesn't change how things are. It even feels hurtful when you can't turn to those you love for support and understanding. It seems like it may even add additional distance to our relationships. I'm hoping that someday an understanding can be reached and that hurts can be mended. I'd really hate for Lily to miss out on all the love and family bonding that she deserves.

No comments: