Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2/3/09

All things went well with the new doctor we saw. He is really great and I am very comfortable with him and everything that he is recommending thus far. I know he will play a great part in Lily's recovery. We are on a new schedule of things. Increasing some things I'm already doing, as well as adding some new. We go back next month for followup and will get some results of some testing then (I have to send in some "samples"). Also they will do a blood test when we go back.

Lily has been doing fantastic as usual. I'm excited that she will actually follow some direction now (when she feels like it of course). For example, now if I ask her to throw something in the garbage, she actually understands what that means and does it! Tantrums are becoming louder and more energized (I didn't think that they could have even done that!). She is routinely answering "no" (or "oh" as she says usually) in answer to questions. She has a harder time with "yes" but she manages it on occasion (just the "sss" part of course, with a big forced head nod). She is now routinely coming to get me by taking my hand to where she wants me to be, either to just be near her or to help her with something, yay! I've been trying to teach her to use her words (as best she can) instead of crying. The other day she started to cry about something, stopped herself and came and asked me for help. I was overjoyed!

Today she did NOT want to take a nap and took matters into her own hands....and climbed out of the crib. So we took the side off the crib and I bought a bed rail. So far, so good (it's 1am currently). She fell asleep during prayers (thank you melatonin!). She could still wake up, but I am thankful for small favors :)

And here is the grand part of the day.......Lily used the BIG Potty, all by herself!! She was stripped down to nadda in anticipation of a bath. She went into the bathroom and we assumed that she wanted to get in the tub, but instead she raised the lid and climbed up and went! We were surprised she didn't fall in!! It was a very proud moment. I'm just glad that she isn't afraid of the toilet.

Here's hoping she'll sleep through the night! I better get some zzz's while I have the chance.

No comments: