Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2/24/09

Lily has been doing well in all areas (unusual, but true!) She's sleeping and eating better, understands more, follows direction more, is speaking more, etc. Anthony has been working with Lily on "I love you", and always says "Daddy... loves... Lily" (with some gesturing). Well the other day he said "Daddy...loves..." and she pointed to herself and said "Lily". It was very cute.

She's always showing increased interest in the potty and seems to be beginning to understand that she has to take her diaper off to use the potty.

Lily is singing up a storm (she often sounds like someone singing a song who doesn't know the words so you just hear some mumbling) and the other day for the Mickey Mouse Club House theme said the "S" "E" part of m-o-u-s-e.

I bought her some new toys and sure enough, she is playing more appropriately with the new toys than she is her old toys! Go figure. She has been loving the new doll I got her that came with little accessories and she has been feeding it and putting it on the potty and trying to get the baby to play with it's little rattle, etc. I got her the mickey mouse club house and she was using mickey to work the buttons and levers in the house, go down the slide, etc.

She now takes her cod liver oil like a champ. We start her MB12 shots tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it, I don't want to do it wrong and I don't want it to hurt her. She a pretty tough though and it really is tiny shot. I'm excited to see what improvements she'll make from that, if any. She'll get that every 3 days for a while.

We had another RDI meeting tonight. I'm really learning a lot through that and it keeps me in check a little bit to where Lily should be. I see her so much further ahead now, but it reminds me that she has a whole lot farther to go yet and keeps me motivated to work with her on things. We are being given suggestions on activities to do with her and how to interact to develop her social skills more. It has been really beneficial for us.

No comments: