Sunday, February 15, 2009

2/15/09

Lots to update, so I will list some random stuff:
Lily is cutting yet another molar...need I say more? She has been eating a lot of Popsicles (and can even say popsi now) and her appetite hasn't been the greatest. She no longer will eat almost anything dairy related (except ice cream). Yogurt and cheese use to be her thing, now she will not have any of it. Funny how toddlers go through these phases. Now she likes poptarts and cereal. We've added Cod Liver Oil to her regiment of supplements. Needless to say she doesn't care for it (it's suppose to be strawberry flavored, but Lily's face tells me otherwise). I've had a hard time giving it to her, but Anthony did pretty well this weekend. I bought some treats for bribing. She's really into lollipops, and I gotta tell you I think she really deserves one after 2 teaspoons of yuck!

We had upped her Epsom salt baths to two cups, but she got really wired after a bath (it's suppose to do the opposite) so we cut it back to 1 cup and she's doing well with that. Her speech is improving, though never as fast as one would like. We are trying for two word phrases now. She is routinely answering yes and no questions, maybe 40% of the time, which is good for her. Now she can go to the fridge and look inside and I can point to things and ask if she wants some of this or that and she can tell me yes or no! She does the same thing with her toy cabinet when she is picking a toy, which is great.

We bought her the new Madagascar movie, which has been a HUGE favorite of hers. She dances around and wanted to watch it over and over. The other day when it was finished she actually said "again" and I asked her if she wanted to watch it again and she said "ya" (that's her new word now). She is getting much better at getting her point across, but still has a hard time when we have to tell her no for anything (complete tantrum). Since she can't ask why, I like to try to explain it to her automatically and it sometimes helps.

Lily has been using the adult potty every day now (1-3 times)! I put her on it if I think she might need to go if I notice her diaper being dry for awhile. Sometimes I'll ask her if she needs to go and she'll go right into the bathroom herself or else tell me no. I'm not pushing too much though. I'm letting her take the lead on that one, I'm just trying to guide her a little. She actually seems proud when she goes and wipes herself too. One time when she was done she made a great attempt at saying "paper" and pointed to the roll. I had to send in her urine and stool samples recently, so this whole potty thing really came in handy.

Lily is starting to be able to follow a point really well and for long distances too. We went to the playground the other day and we were at one side and I asked her where her sippy cup was and she was able to remember where it was and go and get it on the opposite side of the playground.

Lily is starting to label things a little. I tried to give her a banana and she said "nanan". She also was able to name one of the Dora characters in a book and said "Benny", which is huge for her not only because of the labeling, but because she has such a hard time saying "e".
Lily went to her friend's birthday party today. There were pony rides and a petting zoo and she had an absolute awesome time!

No comments: