Thursday, January 29, 2009

1/29/09

Lily's separation anxiety continues to improve greatly. I'm so excited about her new found comprehension. Seems with a little notice and some explanation she does better at most things. I didn't explain a whole lot to her before because she was never able to understand, but finally she is understanding things now! We went to the park and she wanted to bring her blanket to the playground and threw a fit when I told her she couldn't. Then I explained to her that she was going to be playing on the playground and would need two hands to climb and that no other kids had their blankets. She then let out a little whine and put her blanket back in the car HERSELF. I was so thrilled! Today I had to do a similar thing with some toys I wanted her to leave in the car. Tonight, I told her that I didn't know where her CARS puzzles were, so if she wanted to play with them that she would have to find them herself. She went right to the cabinet and found her puzzles. It's so thrilling to me, though a little sad at the same time.

At playgroup today she did very well playing with the other children and listening to me as well. She has also been searching me out whenever she has a problem, which is fairly new.

Tomorrow we have an appt. with Dr. Berger (he's a DAN Dr., which stands for Defeat Autism Now). I'm anticipating a list of supplements to try and also some lab work being done in the near future. I'm excited about all of that because she has responded so well with the supplements that she has been taking so far, so I'm hoping for more of the same!

No comments: