Wednesday, October 7, 2009

10/7/09

Well, we got our second opinion from another neurologist regarding her medication. The message I got was, she's on a low dose and why change something that is working? He seemed surprised Lily was diagnosed moderate autism and said she's looking good, he thought she would have been diagnosed PDD (a lesser diagnosis on the spectrum). I got the impression he sees a lot of kids that are severely autistic since he seemed shocked that she could follow a command (I guess even I take certain things for granted now, just another reminder of just how far she's come).
Lily is starting to have quite an imagination. She pointed in the air and said "Look! Bees!" I said, "wow, look at that, their are so many!" she then said, "Bee's fighting!" smiled, and ran away.
Lily turns 3 next week, I can hardly believe it! She has been doing so well. Preschool may be in her future soon, we'll see what they say at our meeting tomorrow.

No comments: