Monday, October 5, 2009

10/5/09

Lily has been excelling in so many ways! I have taken her off her antifungal for a couple of reasons (Dr. did not want her to continue her current one, and an old one we tried that we wanted to try again kept her from sleeping even with her sleeping medication). I want to try another suggestion for her yeast build up, but right now she is doing so well I don't see a need to change anything. The theory is once off the antifungal she should regress due to yeast build up. I'm not sure how long it takes for that to occur, I think it's different for every kid but I've seen no signs of regression and it has been a week so far.
Recently, she picked up Anthony's hat and said "that's Daddy's hat", she put it on and in a deep voice said, "Hello Baby Girl...Hello Mommy","Can I have a kiss?"
I had tears streaming down my face it was just too funny! I've always told Anthony to stop bothering her for kisses, lol.
She's also been telling me about things she's been doing. She doesn't use a lot of words yet, but she's initiating it on her own! She has also been wanting to call me on the phone when I'm at work and she is getting very good at communicating. We use to have to prompt her for what to say, but now she is doing a lot of that on her own. A couple of days ago she got on the phone and told me, "Park...slide" to tell me she went to the park and went down the slide. And then told me that she loved me :)
Yesterday Anthony had trouble putting her down for a nap and he was getting angry with her because he would tell her to lay down and go to sleep and she would put on her "anthony voice" and parrot everything he was saying. She ended up crying for a long time, stopped and then went over to Anthony and said "I'm ok" "I love you" and gave him a big hug.
We took Lily to the park the other night and she kept trying to point stuff out to us, saying "look!" (she was really loving nature) "trees up sky" (the trees were VERY tall). We went by the water and she saw the lilly pads and said "Frogs go?" that was her way of asking me "where did the frogs go?" since she assumed they should be with the lilly pads. Then she saw a duck and started yelling, "Hi Duck!!" several times and giving him a great big wave.
She has had such an easier time to communicate and has really been initiating conversation more. She has also been processing information a little better.
She's also been singing the songs she loves so much with different rhythms and tones. She thinks it's fun that she can do things "her way" if she wants to. Just now instead of singing the itsy bitsy spider, she said it out loud without singing, as if she was telling a story.

Several months ago Lily asked me for a baby sister, by coming to me out of the blue and saying "Baby Sister?" it was actually one of her very first questions (or maybe she was telling me what was to come). We weren't trying to conceive but weren't exactly preventing, just trying to time things right so that it wouldn't happen. Well, we weren't very successful (for the long haul, it did work for a while!) and surprisingly conceived a month later. Well, I have been feeling as though I have been carrying a boy. When trying to get Lily down for a nap she would accidentally kick me in the stomach and I would tell her "don't kick your brother!" and she would be adamant and say "kick S-I-S-T-E-R!" and she probably corrected me at least 3 or 4 times. Well, we just found out that we are indeed having a little girl. My girl has some serious intuition, or she is getting some inside information from someone, lol. She'll have her sister around mid March and yet another journey will begin!

No comments: