Wednesday, August 19, 2009

8-19-09

The cute things are just growing now! Last night I told Lily if she ate her steak that she could have a cookie. She looked at me and said "Popsicle, ok?" Oh, how she is learning the art of negotiation ALREADY!! She was eating and spilled some on the floor, looked down at it and said, "It's ok" (she clearly understands that messes are the norm around here, lol). While we were eating she pointed to each of our drinks and said "Daddy's drink, Mommy's drink, Lily's drink!"

She has had such a great couple of days with her speech. She has been talking actual words nonstop. She is constantly talking with her toys. Today she found one of those horses on a stick at the dollar store so she's saying "Giddyup Horsie! Horsie Ride!" Then she rode it from the car to the front door (all the while saying giddyup, lol). She then proceeded to throw it on the roof of her "fort" (it's her climber, but we put a blanket over the top) and then said, "Help!!" followed by "I'm coming Horsie!" Then when she reached him, "Come on, come on, follow me!!" and brought him back down the tower. At the store she actually wanted TWO of those (one of each color) and I told her she could only have one, so she picked the brown one. I could see her mind working as she kept looking at the other one and I reminded her that she could only have one. As I began to push the cart away she said, "mommy too?" as she pointed to the other horse. I told her nice try, but "mommy" did not need a horse.

While we were at the dollar store I solved one of those great mysteries. Lily has been saying "Coco Bana" from time to time and I've had NO IDEA what in the world that was. Today she saw something at the dollar store and said "Coco Bana, Coco Bana!" and was pointing frantically. I was so excited I pushed the cart closer to her point and sure enough, there it was...a Kung Fu Panda coloring book, lol.

We had her evaluation yesterday for preschool. We still have to go back in a couple of weeks for a follow up, but I was glad that she stayed very true to her typical self. They seemed extra impressed that she was able to amuse herself so well, which I thought was funny because they had her play in a room that was FULL of toys. Of course she had to check out everything! It was a little embarrassing and out of character for her to have answered this one question...
They were taking things out of the pretend fridge and asking her what they were. They got to this white bottle that was presumably suppose to be milk (though she doesn't drink that and it didn't look like the gallon-container she would be use to seeing in our fridge) and when asked what it was Lily responded with "Beer" LMAO now, but it was quite embarrassing, especially since we don't drink Beer in our house and she's never even said that word before! I assume that will be the first of MANY embarrassing moments.

No comments: