Monday, November 3, 2008

11/3/08

I'm so proud of my little girl! Oh the small things...she learned to nod her head yes! And today we were watching Little Einsteins on TV and they were asking questions and she was shaking her head no and nodding it yes in response. I literally started crying I was so happy! I'm not 100% sure that she gets the whole "yes or no" concept, but she's very close.

I noticed that Lily slept better on the nights that we gave her a clay chelation (metal detox) bath. Since I can only give her those once a week, we've started giving her Epsom salt baths (they also detox) and she has been sleeping better and also has marked improvement in following direction, eye contact, etc. I'm not sure it will last, but I'll take whatever sleep improvement I can get, for however long I can get it!

Last week we saw a new speech therapist that came highly recommended and Lily has greatly improved in her sounds, just from the evaluation! We will be seeing her once a week and I may up it to twice. We also saw a new speech therapist today (through insurance thankfully) and she will see Lily three times a week.

We have an appointment for a Floor Time (play therapy) training on Wednesday. I'm very excited about everything and all the progress that Lily has had. Both new speech therapists have told me that Lily has the basics and the desire for speech and that she has a great foundation to work with. She has several sounds that she can make now on request (so long as you have something to motivate her). She can say the sounds for M, T, P, H, B, OOO and OHH and Ka sound (for Cookie). When I ask her to say "yum' she says "mum", it's very cute.

I have more things in the mix as well, so we'll see how it all pans out!

No comments: