Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10-8-08

We've had quite an interesting couple of days. Yesterday I got the bed tent that I ordered in the mail, so we went to pick up a twin mattress and tried Lily in her 'big girl' bed last night. I figured we weren't getting a whole lot of quality sleep anyway. She really did like it and really did her best to try to sleep in it, but she had a very hard time. My original thinking was that she would still have the need to feel "enclosed", hence the bed tent. However what I came to realize is the stability that the bars on the crib provided for her and give her that "grounded" feeling that she craves. She likes to put her legs and feet on the bars and sleep with her back against them as well. She tried like crazy to get those sensations from the tent, but it definately wasn't sturdy for her. Neither one of us slept much (I was with her to help her feel more secure, which worked great for that aspect), so up went the crib again tonight. She was SOOO excited! She immediately wanted inside of it and wouldn't let me get her back out. It was as though she had been without her long lost friend. At bedtime she past out in it immediately. Here's hoping she'll sleep through the night!
I went and checked out an Autism Clinic in St. Pete yesterday. Hopefully Lily will be starting some ABA therapy there soon. We will likely start out with a couple hours twice a week and then go from there.

No comments: