Wednesday, October 1, 2008

10-1-08

So things have been going slower than I would like in regards to getting services in play. Doing the call again and wait again thing now. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it has taken us 9 months to get as far as we have(an official diagnosis and a little speech therapy)! Just another reason why early intervention is SOOO important! I will make some more phone calls for my "plan B" tomorrow to see what else I can put into play for her. She just started speech twice a week but that's been it. I'm very anxious to get her going with everything, but I've decided to use the "waiting period" to get in a bunch of play dates for her. She enjoys them and they are good for her.

Lily can now "high five" (for some reason she had a hard time with that and would always just clap your hand inbetween hers). She can now "give knuckles", since Daddy has taught her that as well. She can sign "car" now. Her signing is going well, but she definately looses some of the signs if they are not practiced (me too, actually lol).

I've been trying to test her and not give her anything to eat or drink to see if she will make the request. I ultimately end up asking her if she wants a drink, and then she will sign drink but not be interested. She does sign eat if you ask her if she is hungry.

We've been contemplating the "big girl" bed thing, since she has been showing signs that she might topple over and hurt herself trying to climb out. I feel like she still needs the security of her crib so I may just take off the one side and put something next to the crib (it's a little high up because it has a drawer underneath). I dread the transition and will probably put it off for as long as possible, but likely it will happen over the next few weeks.

I've started her on another suppliment today that comes highly recommended and has helped some develope speech (DMG with Folinic Acid and B-12). I will likely start her on more suppliments myself (more vitamin type things), since I am having a hard time with return calls. I'd like to wean Lily off the formula (which we're working on and it is causing her to have less BMs which is making her more cranky) and would feel more comfortable doing so if I knew she was getting her nutrients. No formula would then equal no bottle (after 2 years we are so sick of washing them!) but I want to have her evaluated first so I can ensure she is getting anything and everything that she may be lacking. I still haven't heard anything back from the hair sample that I sent in, I'm hoping I'll get the results back sometime this week.

No comments: